Summary: We know what Harry went through during HBP. But what were the adults doing? What were the Death Eaters planning? How, ultimately, did everything unfold for those in the Order of the Phoenix?
Plot: Violence and general unrest caused by Death Eaters is on the rise. Many people are disappearing or being murdered outright, and it's difficult to know who will live to see another day. The Order of the Phoenix must work to keep everyone safe, but to do that, they have to stay one step ahead of Voldemort and his minions.
The Story So Far: Sirius's death at the Department of Mysteries was actually a ruse designed to allow him greater freedom in the wizarding world. Upon hearing this, Harry refused to speak to him or write to him outside of telling him, succinctly, to go to hell. Thus, Sirius was left alone again at 12 Grimmauld Place, waiting for a time when he could safely go out in public without fear of blowing his cover.
After a mysterious absence, Dumbledore returned, announcing to the Order that he has been out hunting Voldemort's Horcruxes. He made no secret about his own mistakes regarding the ring, nor was he shy about stating the fact that he wouldn't be alive if it weren't for Snape. He asked Sirius to allow Snape to use 12 Grimmauld Place as a refuge if the need arose, and Sirius agreed, albeit reluctantly.
During an Order meeting, Sirius, Tonks, and Samantha volunteered to keep an eye on Death Eater activity and keep track of information gathered by other Order members.
On Halloween night, while out looking around as part of his job for the Order, Sirius was attacked by dementors not far from Samantha's flat. He managed to escape, but was badly traumatized by the experience. Samantha figured out what had happened and went to 12GP to make sure that Sirius was all right. During the subsequent discussion, she and Sirius realized that they have deep feelings for each other, and wondered how to deal with such a relationship after having known each other for so short a time.
1) The max rating for posts is R. That said, if language gets too out of hand, mod(s) reserve the right to edit community posts or ask players to tone it down.
2) This RPG is slash-free, no exceptions. Joking about slash is okay.
3) Regarding sex: Plot-related sex is allowed as long as it makes sense. Wanton, pointless, graphic, or explicit sexual posts and themes will not be tolerated.
4) RPers should be 16+ due to the RP's focus on adults. If you're just shy of 16 and want to play, the mod(s) may still consider your application.
5) If you have an issue with something that's going on in the RP, please make a community post about it so it can be discussed and resolved quickly.
6) OCs (original characters) are accepted if they fit with the plot, are well-written, and aren't Mary Sues.
7) While there is no particular character-per-person limit, we'd like to avoid a situation where the inactivity of one person cripples the RPG.
8) Humor is welcome! We believe in making light of things. Our Sirius wears novelty t-shirts on a regular basis, so it's only right that everyone have the same sort of liberty with their characters. If you have a funny idea to interject and can make it work in the canon, go for it.
9) Please note that only active character journals will be accepted into the community. Only giving posting access to people who are actually playing stops spamming before it starts. Because, like Monty Python, we don't like spam!
1) In-character communications, i.e. owls, go in the community. It doesn't matter to me if you put them behind a cut or not, as long as the entry has an "owl to" line somewhere, either in the subject or lj-cut text.
2) OOC communications (messages, new character posts, plot ideas, etc.) also go in the community, but please put "OOC" in the subject line somewhere.
3) Role-playing posts go in the community, too. Please post WHO, WHAT, and RATING with each. WHERE, WHY, etc. are optional. Actual RPing takes place in the comments on each entry.
4) Journals are written in first person ("I, me"). Role-playing is done in third person ("he, she").
5) Posting -- While there are no specific rules on how often/how much your characters should post, we want to keep this RPG moving. Please finish threads in a timely fashion and post to your character(s) journal when it seems appropriate. We like detailed posts!
If you only have time to post on weekends/days off/whatever, that's fine, too. It doesn't matter when you post just as long as your posts are timely. :)
6) Icons/Avatars/Playbys are required for all active characters. You can use actors from the HP movies or anyone you think is appropriate to represent your character(s). Please keep all icons appropriate according to the rules.
If you're interested in playing a character in Order of the Phoenix: United, please fill out the following application and e-mail it to email@example.com with "Ootp United App" in the subject line.
CONTACT INFO (e-mail/AIM):
NAME of the character you wish to play:
AGE of character:
CHARACTER DESCRIPTION (for existing characters, tell us how you'll play him/her; for OCs, please give a physical description as well):
SAMPLE JOURNAL ENTRY (100 words min.):
SAMPLE RP (100 words min.):
1 OR 2 PLOT IDEAS for your character:
ANY OTHER IMPORTANT INFO:
HOW LONG do you think you'll be able to play this RP (just curious!):
Once your application is approved, go ahead and post your character's name and journal name on the community!